Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, January 6, 2011

The New Year is HERE!

We are 6 days in to 2011.  So far, so good.  We had a quiet and relaxing celebration with friends at the lake house in East Texas.  So peaceful out there.  It always gives me the chance to recharge and begin another week with a fresh start and attitude.
Big decisions lately....I have about 12 more hours to get the Art degree but realistically, as much as I love art and anything related to creativity-it really won't get me far in terms of a career.  So, I did some research and think I will change gears and move forward with a degree in Web Design.  A lot of the classes that I've already taken will carry over and I think I'll need about 24 more hours to complete.  It seems crazy but it really made sense to me.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to escape testing in to a math class but at least it doesn't have to be Algebra now!  It can be just College Math.  :)  So, I've enrolled in Web Design, Digital Imaging and a database course (Access 2007).  All online, of course.  It's too hard for me to sit in a classroom for any length of time.  Did I mention that I got my GPA up to 3.89 and made the Dean's list with a 4.0 for the Fall semester?  Pretty proud of that!  It's not so easy taking online classes.  You have to be really committed to it.  And I am!  Anyway, so far this year has been good. I have no complaints! 

I did try a new recipe on New Year's day-actually-a couple of new ones!  But for breakfast Saturday morning I made strawberry stuffed french toast.  It was soooo good!  Joe is still eating the leftovers for breakfast.  Really yummy.  And of course on New Year's day-you have to have black-eyed peas and I found a recipe that was the best I've ever had.  Even better than mom's!  That's saying a LOT! I can't forget that I also made some Petite Vanilla Scones-similar to Starbucks.  Again, another incredible recipe!  If you want these recipes let me know and I will email the links.  At some point I should probably take pictures of the things I make since that seems to be the standard blog trend.  What can I say---I'm being lazy!

I have almost wrapped up the purse that I'm making for Gale-Bird.  It's turning out so cute even though it has been a huge pain sewing through the multiple layers of velvet.  I did add some custom touches though----I made an interior pocket that is perfect for an iPhone, a pen and makeup then on the other side I made a pocket that will hold her Kindle perfectly!  Then, (she doesn't know this part yet) I applied some fusible webbing to some of cut out interior fabric with birds on it and ironed that on to the pockets.    I will really try to post pictures when I'm finished.  Should be done today!  And I think with my issues of sewing through all of the layers of velvet, I am considering taking the ruffled strips to the seamstress and seeing if they can serge those edges for me.  Depends on what they charge!  But, it certainly would make my life easier.  I think I need to invest in a serger soon.  :)  But, I also want a Silhouette!  Tough decisions!  Anyway, if I'm going to get anything accomplished today, I better get in gear! 
Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment