Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snow Day Sunday

I love to watch the snow coming down like it is right now.  It's sticking nicely, too. 
So this morning I've been cutting out fabric for another purse.  This purse is a clutch that Gale-Bird has had for years.  She always gets compliments on it but sadly, it is about worn out.  I was able to draw out a pattern yesterday and had some fabric that Gale-Bird brought for the exterior.  For inside, I had a nice heavy-duty green twill on hand.  All I'll need now is some leather for the handle and top edge.  I'm thinking of going to the Goodwill store to see if I can find a leather jacket that I could salvage leather from.  Looking at a J. Crew catalog yesterday, they had some large purses made of "vintage antiqued leather"-their words.  Only a smooth $238!  Here's a picture of the fabrics for this new purse, along with the old purse.
The fabrics are similar in color but the new one is missing a bird.  :(  The old one has some beading sewn on the front so I will probably try to do a little bit of that.  I don't want to go crazy with it though! 
That's what I'm doing this Sunday!  I keep thinking I need to go get dressed but then I think "What the heck for???".  Today is just one of those days that is meant to be a pajama all day, day.  If we decide to run an errand (not likely since I don't do slippery areas very well!), then I'll throw on some jeans and a sweat shirt. 
I also added a link on the left side to a web site where the blogger has tips for organizing.  If any of you really know anything about me, you know that: 
1.  I'm a typical Virgo.
2.  That means (all by itself!) that I love to organize!  I am a bin/bucket/storage container addict!
3.  I feel zen-like when everything is in its place.  I think better.  I can't help it-it's who I am. 
If you could see my studio, you would understand.  I love the Container Store!  I could spend hours in their stores....that's why I have to stay away. 
So, the website Organize and Decorate Everything is fascinating to me. 
Have a great Sunday! 
Oh yeah!  I have a "follower"! I noticed last night!  Of course, I think it's my daughter but hey!  you have to start somewhere!  This whole blog thing is new to me and I admit that it was a little scary yesterday when I decided to post my blog link on Facebook.  It sort of puts you right out there!  Oh well-it'll all work out!  Things just do!
Charlene

No comments:

Post a Comment