Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas-Already?

I really can't believe it's less than a week before Christmas!  But, I'll be happy when it's over!  Last night, well, all day yesterday, I baked cut out cookies for Joe to take to some of his vendors and share with other work related people.  Once the cookies were baked (186 of them!) and cooled, I started whipping up some icing and Joe, Gale and I decorated cookies!  I don't think I really want to see any more of these this year.  It was too many.  But, I have to say, after all my years at trying cut out cookies and failing miserably, these are really the best I've had.  The cookies are yummy and the icing is good, too.  And they aren't nearly as difficult as I always thought.  I think where I went wrong in the past was that I was rolling out the dough too thin.  They always fell apart before I could even get them to a cookie sheet.  These though are nice and think and really easy to transfer.  I got the recipe and directions from this link:

  http://www.bakeat350.blogspot.com                                                                                                                                                 Such a valuable source of information and wow!  Gorgeous cookies!  I dream of my cookies looking that good.  For now, as long as they taste good, them I'm ok. 
Well, happy Sunday!  If you still have more shopping to do-have fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment